Friday, July 18, 2014

Sleep escapes me...

I went two nights with little to no sleep this week because the twins are in beginning stages of teething and therefor cranky and congested.  The one night I thought I'd be able to catch some zzz's insomnia struck and I only slept for about an hour.  What's up with that?  Insomnia should know better than to knock on the door of a mom with infants!  Surely there is some unwritten rule about it right? 

Last night, William slept from 9pm until 5:30am!! Celebration right?  Except that I am a mom of twins.  Olivia dear decided she would go down at her normal 8pm, wake at 2am in need of a pacifier and again at 3am wanting to nurse.  She too would wake at 5:30am.  Mind you, hubby is already gone for work at this time.  So while nursing one, the other is "stuck" entertaining themselves in their crib (which usually means wailing until big brother Cameron wakes up to join in on the party).  So now, I'm sleep deprived, one twin is nursing, one is crying, and our four year old is balled up on the floor crying because he wants me to hold him...Have mercy!  I need to grow two more sets of arms.  Or get cloned.  They still do that right?

Right now, as I type this, EVERYONE in my house is asleep.  It's 2pm on Friday and even my hubby is home taking a nap.  I try to lay down to do the same...I kid you not, just as I begin to drift off, a baby cries out and I jump up to go check on them.  I put the pacifier in their mouth and they drift back off into dream land.  I try to lay down again, and I think about the laundry that needs to be changed out so I don't have to wash the load in the washer for a third time.  I go to open the dryer, and the clothes are a wrinkled mess.  I start it again.  I hope I hear the buzzer go off this next time...
I decide to lay on the couch (change of scenery and hey, I just might hear the dryer) and the other twin cries out.  Argh!  I lay on the nursery floor with a pillow and blanket. Now I have to pee.  Forget it.  It. Is. Not. Happening.  Ever.

Is 2:30 too early to start drinking? LOL!
Click for great postpregnancy finds!
It's a good thing they are so CUTE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bless you my child! When Chris comes back into town Halie and I are coming over for some extra helping hands..... :) That should count as volunteer hours right! Ha ha..... love you girl.

    ReplyDelete