Tuesday, July 15, 2014

17 things I've learned in the 17 weeks the twins have been here:

1. I can go approximately three days without a shower.
2. I lose twice as much sleep as I did with my singleton (Cameron).  Who needs sleep anyway?
3. I don't mind getting pooped on.  I mean a full on blow-out! It happens about three times per week (Thank you Olivia.).
4.  It is NOT more convenient to nurse.  My entire day must be scheduled around their feeding schedule.  This gives me small windows of time to get things done (shower, clean house, do laundry, grocery shop, go to the gym, etc.).
5.  Getting out in public only causes more anxiety than staying at home with cabin fever.  I swear, if one more person asks me if my BOY/GIRL twins are identical...
6. I really do feel like I'm packing the whole house to take the twins anywhere. 
7.  It is okay to take only one twin with you to run errands (William is a much better car rider than Olivia because of this~daddy prefers Olivia stay home with him and Cameron, as she is the mellow/easy one! lol!).
8.  Hair brush?  What's that?  Have I even brushed my teeth today? Hmmm...
9.  I will NEVER get a chance to go to the bathroom without an interruption again...ever.
10. My normally very well behaved four year old can be up to no good when it gets quiet...He can also serve himself marshmallows for breakfast.
11. Mommies don't get naps often.  If I do manage one, it is usually in a very uncomfortable position in a chair or on the couch.  I will wake up feeling like I'd been run over by a MAC truck. 
12.  Not all diapers are created equal.  I have tried at least six brands.  I still haven't found the perfect diaper for the twins.  They all seem to leak.  They don't trap in the poop.  They don't change themselves.
13.  My house will forever be cleaner yesterday than it is today.
14.  The days seem long but the months fly by. How is this possible?
15.  Acid Reflux SUCKS.  I'll say it again. ACID. REFLUX. SUCKS.  Poor William...
16.  I will never eat a hot/warm meal again (or at least for another 18 years)...or be able to eat without a) holding a baby b) feeding a baby or c) listening to a baby scream their head off while I try to shovel cold food into my mouth.
and finally,
17. My life will never be the same.  Twice the blessings, Twice the fun.  GOD is good ALL OF THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment