Saturday, August 8, 2015

So, I married an Army Man...

I'll start by saying that I am a "kick my shoes off as I walk in the door" kind of gal.  My purse is set down anywhere there is an open spot on the floor, the table, or kitchen counter if that is what is convenient for me as I haul things into the house.  Remember, I have three kids in tow.
I'm the queen of piles.  It is not uncommon for piles to be moved around or "organized" by being placed into more piles.  As I declutter, it gets worse before it gets better.  In the end though, I'm pretty good about purging and organizing.  I just need to figure out how to make it last. LOL! I love the saying, "My house was clean yesterday, sorry you missed it."  I actually had a wooden sign hanging on my door with this quote in college.  I have found that with three little ones running around and playing hard from dawn to dusk, it is even harder to keep things in order.  I don't mind my "lived in look" but hubby has another opinion about it.
Hubby is an "Everything has a place, and there is a place for everything" kind of guy.  Yea, so there are some struggles with all of the rearranging and organizing that is going on right now.  We recently got a storage unit to move some of the "excess" out that isn't currently being used but will eventually as the twins get older.  We also plan to put our current house on the market, as we have began to feel like we are outgrowing our current house.  As I clear off shelves, go through my piles, and get rid of things we've outgrown or no longer have a need for, this house is starting to feel different.  In my mind, I want that model home look with all toys and kid related items contained in bedrooms and/or the playroom.  Let's get real though, the kids are like free range chickens and take their things and dump them wherever they want.  Which means a trail of toys, blankets, sippy cups, and books follow them in every nook and cranny of our home.  I'm okay with it, because at the end of the day, I'm the one gathering everything up and putting it all back in the playroom or wherever these things belong.  However, it drives hubby nuts!  So on of my new challenges is to train the kids to keep all toys and books in the playroom, all cups in the kitchen, and all blankets in the bedrooms.  In the meantime, I'll frantically run around the house just before hubby gets home everyday and gather as much as I can and make the house look more "presentable" to Mr. Army. LOL!  Wish me luck! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment