Thursday, April 17, 2014

Baby Take Over

When you are married to an ex-Army man, everything has a place, and there is a place for everything...until you have a baby...or two! LOL!  The twins have taken over our house.  Our living room in particular.  I look around me now and see two car seats, two bobby pillows, two swings, a bouncer, a rocking recliner, and a pack and play.  Then there are the blankets, burp cloths, diapers, wipes, basket of creams, pacifiers, etc.  Oh, and did I mention the miscellaneous items left laying around by our four year old?

I have lofty goals of "cleaning" one room/area of the house per day so as to not feel overwhelmed with house work.  Well, I'll have you know, that in spite of the daily straightening up and organizing, the house never "looks" clean or organized...I have a sign that I used to have posted in my apartment during my single days.  I think it is time to bust it out again.  "My house was clean yesterday, Sorry you missed it!" :)

Lucky for me, my hubby has found a tolerance for the baby take over and understands that it won't last forever...at least the swings, etc will only stick around for a year or so.  Then it will be time for a garage sale! Maybe we'll make enough to pay for a maid? I'm hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment