Tuesday, April 29, 2014

6 weeks in!


Our twins are six weeks old today! Wow! Time is passin by way too fast!  I just returned home from my post-op appt and thought I should update you all on how things are going since it has been a while since my last post.  As you can imagine, it has been very busy in the Carlyle household!  The twins are "almost" on a schedule. :)  I am excited to announce that they are sleeping up to four hours at a time each night so mama can get some rest too.  I am nursing them back to back and I believe they sense me in the room (or the mama milk), as I've yet to have to wake whomever is still snoozing when I go in the room.  I'll be nursing one, and the other wakes just in time to have their turn.  It isn't always in the same order, so maybe they have a secret language that signals to each other?  I've heard twins have their own language.  I can't wait to see what other schemes they have up their sleeves.  Oh the adventures we have ahead of us!








In the past few weeks we've celebrated Cameron's 4th birthday, William and Olivia's one month milestone, and hubby's acceptance of a new job. Easter was spent at home as a family where we spent time counting our blessings.  Cameron also enjoyed his last solo egg hunt.  My mom and I wrangled the kids for a trip to the mall for pictures too.

Entertaining our four year old while keeping the twins happy has been a balancing act.  Hubby spends time with Cameron outside as often as possible each evening playing baseball, soccer, or letting him ride his scooter. We've gone on family walks and we're helping him grow his own garden in the backyard thanks to grandpa's handy-work.

We're gradually getting into a daytime routine and taking advantage of nap time whenever possible.  I'm learning to take naps in the middle of the day which has never been easy for me, but most often I'm using this time to tackle household chores.  I've decided that doing one major chore a day is less overwhelming than trying to clean the entire house in one day.  Laundry gets done one day, another the bathrooms, the floors the next, etc.  The dishes get done daily (or at least loaded into the dishwasher) and I wipe down counters as needed.  I'm not sure if this is the best approach, but for now, it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment