Sunday, March 16, 2014

C-Section!!

When we had our son Cameron in 2010, I delivered him vaginally.  Our twins are currently Vertex/Breech.  William (Baby A) is head down and ready to go, while Olivia (Baby B) is showing her personality already and is head up and letting us know that she wants to do things her way and in style!  My husband and I went back and forth over whether or not we would try to deliver them both in spite of her position or go ahead and schedule a C-Section.  My husband won out.  For his peace of mind (and that of my dad's and several friends), we elected to schedule our C-Section for Tuesday morning.  I have some reservations about being cut and stitched, but at the same time, I don't want to have to heal from both an episiotomy AND an emergency C-Section...

I have done a lot of reading over the past week about what to expect with a C-Section.  I know modern medicine is phenomenal and all three of us will be okay, I just worry about the recovery.  I'll keep you all posted on how it goes...I also plan to post pictures not only of our twins/family, but of my progress postpartum, as I think it is important to be open about it so as to help others that may be going through similar experiences.  I have found that every person's birth story is different, as is each pregnancy, but if I can shed some light from what I go through, then I will gladly do so.

I will also post about life with newborn twins and a toddler!  I'll keep it real.  I don't "sugar coat" and I'm an open book.  Have questions?  Suggestions? Bring it!  

I'd love to hear from mom's with their own unique experiences!  This is meant to be a community of support.  Let's lift each other up and celebrate the good things! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment