Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Headbangers...and not to music

So my twins are self made head bangers.  They both bang their heads on purpose.  Sometimes out of frustration because they aren't getting their way, or to rhythmically sooth themselves. O bangs her head on the floor when she is annoyed by one of her brothers or over tired.  W bangs his head on doors and walls when he wants someone or something on the other side of them. If we make a big deal out of it and repeatedly tell him, "No bonk-bonk," he does it repeatedly because he realizes he has our attention. 

I heard that this isn't uncommon.  I also heard that only about 20% of children do this.  Somehow, even with those odds, I have TWO.  I hope that once they become verbal, this will end.  I pray that this is just a phase.  They have both had bruises due to this habit.  I promise you all they are self inflicted.  I hope this isn't a sign of what their temper tantrums will be like in the future.  Lord help us if this is minor in comparison of what is to come!  Should I go ahead and invest in buckets or helmets now?

No comments:

Post a Comment