Monday, October 27, 2014

My new mom body...

Since having our twins seven months ago, I've accepted that my body will never be the same.  I sat on the couch contemplating this while sipping coffee one morning in a rare moment of quiet content play from my three kids.  I also noted to self that my husband hasn't once complained about my  new body, but complements me and looks at me more lovingly...and dare I say it, hungrier.  He is amazed at what I have done for our family by giving him three beautiful babies, and what I continue to do in raising them.  He feels honored to have me at home with the kids and feels like he is blessed more by the fact that I am making sacrifices to stay home with them and continue to nurse our twins.  It is such a blessing to have such a supportive husband.  I talk about the sacrifices he makes and how hard he works so that I can stay home.  I worry about our finances, and all the while, he is thanking me for what I do for our family.  I may not be the toned petite woman I was when we met, but I feel more loved and admired now than I ever have before. :)  So, on to the reason for this post...

Advantages to my new mom body:

I will never have to hear, "I could bounce a quarter off of your ass!" again when I go to a bar because the jiggly  mom butt has nothing on the soccer butt of my youth.

It's not only accepted but expected that I will need to do a three squat minimum exercise when squeezing into my skinny jeans. Laying in bed with coat hanger? A-okay for moms...don't worry, I had practice with this in my late teens and early twenties as I forced myself into Rocky Mountain jeans to go out dancing. I've got this!

The C-Section scar is a constant reminder of what my body has done.  I may not be able to rock a bikini ever again, but I feel more powerful now than ever before.

Due to the fact that I'm breast feeding, every few hours my boobs are the envy of my teenage self. I no longer have the desire to wear a padded push up bra that digs into my sides; and the cleavage looks more natural.

If I just jiggle my rump a bit in the club (should the opportunity arise to actually go to a club again), I look like a twerking professional! Miley has nothing on me!   Who doesn't love a good "I like big butts" rendition when out on the town?

My arms are stronger than they look thanks to carrying the twins around all of the time. Who needs a gym when you can curl babies in car seats?

When I originally thought about this, I had more...I've slept a little since then. I'll have to come back and add to my list as my memory comes back to me.  

Thanks for reading! 

~Hugs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment